I started Income Ideas in 2013 as a side project while I was looking for part time work online.
My goal was to create a helpful resource for others who were interested in earning full or part income online. At the time, I was actively looking for a way to make extra money online. I realized starting a website was a perfect way to further develop my experience as a webmaster and building my writing skills so Income Ideas was born.
Since its launch, I’ve documented over 140 real ways to make money online along with 50+ free tools and resources to help you along.
I’ve also learned a great deal about what did and didn’t work trying to earn money online.
Along the way, I’ve personally tried several unique ways of earning money online such as working part time for companies like Lionbridge, writing an eBook, launching a few websites, and researching hundreds of ways to make money online.
Some key lessons I’ve learned over the past 18 months…
- Focus is absolutely critical to being successful (however you define it) if you want to work for yourself as a freelancer or marketer.
- Stability comes at a price – working in part-time positions, especially in operational roles (e.g. virtual call center agent), don’t pay much and come with their fair share of hassles. The upside is that the pay is predetermined and more reliable than trying to make it on your own.
- Consistently dedicating a small amount of time that you can commit to every day is better than working for long stretches and then burning out for a few weeks, months, or years.
- Research and planning are important but taking action is essential to earning money online. There are plenty of legitimate and proven ways of making side income online and all of them require hard work.
- The odds are not in your favor that you’ll become rich by working online (especially working for someone else) BUT you will make at least a part-time income if you put in the effort.
I want to reiterate that you probably won’t get rich by pursuing the opportunities and methods listed on my site.
You will make money if you work hard, but realistically, you’ll be creating active and/or passive income streams to supplement an existing income.
Although it’s possible to generate your primary income from online ventures, it will take time, dedication, and lots of hard work.
In the end, it’s best to let money fade into to the background and find something you like to do. I know that’s not something you want to hear since you’re searching for ways to make more money. After trying a variety of side-income methods, I’ve realized I earn more money by doing work I’m actually interested in.
After earning $3,700 for Lionbridge over a 6 month span, I was burned out. That contract ended and I decided to focus on working for myself. I enjoy writing and building new websites and after consistently putting in hard work, that’s where I earn most of my side income.
The more you figure out what you like and what you don’t, plan accordingly, and then put your plan into action, the more likely it is that you will make more money than you ever imagined you could online.
I hope you find my site useful and would love to hear your feedback, use the contact page to drop me a line.